How to Block Someone on Facebook
Here, learn how to block someone/friend on Facebook easily. This can happen the most if someone is really trying to disturb you on Facebook. And in the end, you are tired and want to get rid of that person. Well, you are lucky, because Facebook allows you to block someone easily in just a few steps.
In this guide, I will show you quick and easy steps that how do I block a person on Facebook. So, let’s get started:
How To Block Someone on Facebook (Web)?
- Go and login to your Facebook account (web browser)
- Go to Settings
- In the lift side menu just click the “Blocking” option
- In the “Block Users” section, add the name of the person you want to get rid of
- Now click the “Block” button, that’s it you have successfully blocked a person.
How to Block Someone on Android Device?
Use your smartphone any android device to block someone quickly. Before going further, ensure to download and install the latest Facebook application version. Because at this time (you are reading this post), we’re using the latest Facebook version. Let see how you can stop someone on the Facebook app from bothering you.
To Permanently Block Someone in the Facebook app:
- Go to anyone profile you want to block
- Tap the “More” option (see image below)
- Tap Block
- Again tap the “Block” option to confirm
How to Block People on Facebook on iPhone/iPad/iOS?
You can use your iOS iPhone or iPad device to stop people from seeing you on Facebook. You can easily block people on Facebook using your iOS smart device. OK, let’s do this.
- Tap menu three horizontal bars at top right
- Go to Settings
- Now tap the “Blocking” option
- Under the block users section, enter anyone name or email to block
- Finally, tap the block button
Remember, you can get here and unblock that person you’ve blocked. But you will then need to send the friend request to that person. And that will be his/her choice either to accept or reject your friend request.
What Actually Happens When You Block a Person?
You both won’t be able to contact each other using Facebook. Moreover, it isn’t just about to contact each but you are unfriending a person and get rid of him/her permanently. Both of you cannot see things like posts etc on each other timeline or profile.
You will no longer be able to tag that person. Both of you can’t add and invite each other to groups on FB. Not on FB neither on Messenger, you can start a conversation with him/her.
Remember, Facebook automatically unfriending the person you are blocking. So, whenever you want to get in touch with that person. You will first need to send him/her a friend request. When he/she accepts the request, then you will be able to contact each other. As explained blocking a person is getting rid of that person completely.