Facebook Messenger allows you to change or edit usernames very quickly on Android and Web. You can either customize your username or change it for others reasons whenever you want to. However, there are some guideline tips for changing/choosing a username on Facebook and Messenger. Let’s have a look at these tips below.
Guidelines for Changing Messenger Username
No matter if you are editing or changing your Facebook or Messenger or Facebook Page username. Keep the below tips in mind before going for it:
- You can not claim or use somebody else usernames that are already being taken.
- It should only contain AC (alphanumeric characters ( A to Z / 0 to 9 or periods “.”).
- You can not use extensions such as .com or net etc.
- You cannot use generic terms.
- It should be longer than 5 characters.
- Nobody can use capitalization.
If you are missing any of the above guidelines tips then you may get an error while creating a username. However, let me how to change it and where you can change it.
How to Change Username on Messenger
To edit or change Facebook Messenger Username follow the below steps:
- Open the Messenger app on your Android device
- Tap the profile photo/picture on the top left corner.
- Tap “username”
- Tap “Edit username”
- Create a new username and tap the tick icon top right to save changes.
As far as I know, the new rules for editing names are you can only change it once in two months. However, I can’t confirm that, if you cannot change it then you must be doing a mistake and not following the above guidelines.
Follow the guidelines properly and you will not face any issues. If you still getting a messenger username error then let me know in the comments below. I will also suggest you update the application to the latest version from Google Play Store only.
Related to Messenger: