Ignore & Unignore Messages on Messenger
This is one of my favorite feature on Facebook Messenger, I can ignore and undo or unignore messages on Messenger. Why this feature is one my favorite? Because when I block someone or unblock someone on Messenger. The first reason is they will notice me that I block them, and the second reason is I will need to send them a friend request. So when they accept my request, we will become friends again and then we will chat if we want to.
So ignoring messages from strangers of friends is best instead of blocking them completely and they will not even be notified. So whenever you change your mind you can undo the ignore messages feature on Messenger.
What Happens You Ignore Messages on Messenger?
When you turn this feature on, you will not get notifications, vibration alerts, LED light notifications, etc, by someone you have ignored. You will never be notified if the person you ignored message you directly. However, the conversation will be moved to Message Requests. Moreover, Facebook will not notice that a person, that his/her messages have been ignored.
In this tutorial, I am going to show you how you can easily ignore messages of friends or strangers and then undo the ignore messages. So let’s get started:
How to Ignore Messages on Messenger
Well, it is very easy and simple, all you need is to download the latest application of Messenger from Google Play Store. Because this feature is only available on the updated Messenger app. Then follow the below steps:
- Open up Messenger
- Now open any person’s conversation you want to ignore messages from
- Tap the info icon at the top left corner in the conversation
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap “Ignore Messages” option
- Tap “IGNORE” on the confirmation pop up
- Now you will see “This conversation has been moved to messages requests” message.
How to Undo Ignore Messages on Messenger
Whenever you change your mind, you can go ahead undo the “ignore” or unignore messages. So let’s get started:
- Open up Messenger
- Tap the “People” option next to the Home button at the bottom
- You will see Scan code, Invite, Requests, and Add options, just tap on “Requests“
- Go to Spam, tap on a convo and hit the Reply option below.
- That’s it you have successfully undone the ignore messages by a person on Messenger.
Now you will get the regular notifications when that personal message you Messenger. You can comment for more down below or ask questions related to the above, we will glad to help.