Learn how to log out of Facebook Messenger the easy way. It’s worst, that Facebook Messenger doesn’t allow anyone to sign out of it. In fact, nobody knows the reason behind it. However, people can still log out of Messenger but they are experiencing issue. I don’t understand why Facebook is doing this, If I want to get rid of their application then who are they to stop me right? So they should add the missing signout button in the latest Facebook Messenger application for both Android and iOS.
In this guide, I will show you how to kick Facebook Messenger and log out of it. There are multiple tricks you can follow to disconnect your account ID from it. These are not actually trick but alternative solutions, that without uninstalling and reinstalling the app you easily disconnect your Facebook ID.
How to Logout of Facebook Messenger on Android all Devices
Many thanks to Android and it’s powerful settings options. There a particular method Android users can follow to detach their Facebook account from the Messenger app. However, it’s totally up to you, either to follow this method or not. If you are logged in with multiple accounts on Facebook Messenger. Then I will suggest, do not follow this method. If not, then go ahead and follow the below simple procedure.
- All Android devices have the Settings app, tap to open it up
- Scroll down until you see the Apps icon, tap on it
- In the applications list, find Messenger and tap on it once
- Tap the Storage option then Manage space, on the confirmation popup tap the OK button or simply Clear the data
- Now clear the Cache as well.
- That’s it now you have logged out of Facebook Messenger.
Following the above procedure should log you out of Facebook Messenger application. However you will need to confirm it manually, all you need is to open Messenger and check if it is asking your login. If Yes then congratulations, you are logged out of “Messenger” and Android device.
How to Logout of Facebook Messenger on iOS all Devices
Sadly there are no such settings as we did on the Android device. For iOS devices to disconnect your account from Messenger, it’s totally different. I am gonna show you how you can easily detach your Facebook account from Messenger. let do it:
- Open up your Facebook on iOS
- Tap the Menu button (three line button) at the bottom right corner
- Tap the Settings option
- Go to Security
- Here you will an option called “Where you have logged In“, tap this option
- You can see the connected devices list now
- Tap the three dots vertical button next to a device you are logged In, and tap the “Log Out” option
- That’s it.
Now that device should disappear from the list where you have logged in. Moreover, it’s better to confirm the result manually. Close the Facebook application, go back to the home screen and open up the Messenger app. If the application asks you to login then it’s confirmed you have successfully disconnected your account form it. If not then you are not.
How to Logout of Facebook Messenger on all Devices
The is one the best method you can in order to disconnect your account from Facebook Messenger. All you need is a computer or laptop and an internet connection. Now just follow below simple steps.
- Open any browser on a MAC or PC
- Login to your desire Facebook account you wanna log out on Messenger
- Click the dropdown at the top right
- Selection “Settings“
- On the left side click on login and security
- Scroll until you see the option “Where you have logged In“
- Click the three dots vertical button next to a device you are logged In, and click the “Log Out” option
- That’s it.
Now that you know how to disconnect your Facebook account from Messenger application using Android, iOS or PC/MAC. All then mentioned steps and setting may change any time on any device. But somehow these settings might be similar to navigate and help you detach your Facebook account from Messenger application. Feel free to comment for more or any issue you are facing in the above steps.
Related to Facebook and Messenger: